The SDI CPR1st Administrator Course is Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid combined into one program. It is designed to teach divers the proper techniques to safely administer CPR and evaluate and administer the correct First Aid for a given injury.
The student will be qualified at the end of this specialty to:
- Recognize and evaluate an emergency situation and a victim
- Know how to activate or alert the Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Be able to provide one (1) person adult CPR and administer the proper First Aid to a non-breathing or injured person
- Learn how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
It is important that the student understand that a re-qualification course is required every two (2) years.
What do I need to start?
No dive certification required
Be a minimum age of ten (10) with parental consent
Be a minimum age of eighteen (18)
Care about other people and want to be able to assist them in a medical emergency
What will I do?
The course incorporates independent study to prepare you for a classroom and hands-on skill development session with your instructor.
Students will learn the basics of:
- assessing a scene and stabilizing a victim
- procedure for contacting EMS
- using materials that are on hand to respond to injuries
- administering proper CPR on a manikin
- chin lift and gentle neck extension
- ABC’s and Rule of 2’s
- treating simulated injuries for each of the “Six Basics” (breathing, bleeding, broken, burns, bites, blows)
- immobilizing joints
- bandage wounded areas
- cool burn areas with running water
Inorder to complete this course, students must:
- Demonstrate an understanding of First Aid and CPR
- Recognize and evaluate an emergency situation
- Know how to activate or alert the EMS
What is included in the program?
- All course materials
- Certification Card