“Longer bottom times.” “Shorter surface intervals.”
These are among the many benefits of diving – Nitrox – a mixture of nitrogen and oxygen in which the concentration of oxygen is greater than that found in air.
You’ve no doubt heard of Nitrox, probably know divers who use it. You also know that using Nitrox safely requires special training and certification.
Traditionally, becoming a Nitrox Diver required long hours in the classroom, learning how to work obscure formulas and use complex dive tables. No more.
Through SDI’s on-line training program, you can complete most of the required academic study in the comfort and convenience of your home or office.
And, as with all SDI programs, you’ll learn to dive Nitrox the modern way, using Nitrox-programmable dive computers instead of arcane formulas and complicated tables.
When you are done with the self-study portion of the course, you will meet with your SDI instructor to review your final exam (academic review) and to take part in a brief, practical application session.
Here you will get hands-on experience with oxygen analyzers and Nitrox computers. Your instructor may even provide you with the opportunity to make one or more Nitrox dives.
Your SDI Instructor will also cover:
- Techniques for getting more dive time by using nitrox
- Nitrox scuba diving equipment considerations
- Nitrox considerations, including managing oxygen exposure, how to tell what’s in your scuba tank and how to set your dive computer
- 10 years of age
- Open Water Diver certification or equivalent
What is included in the program?
- Online Course
- Training session on how to analyse a tank and set your dive computer
- Computer Nitrox Diver certification card
Email Gary to book your online codes – firstname.lastname@example.org