Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster Course. In this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
During the PADI Divemaster Course, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organise and solve problems as well as help others improve their diving skills. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
Payment plans are available. Contact us today for details:
Prior to enrolling in PADI Divemaster Online or Paper Based Manuals, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a current medical attesting to your diving fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months
- Be a certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver or hold qualifying certifications from another dive training organization
- You must also have completed a Emergency First Response (EFR) Primary and Secondary Care Course (or other sanctioned first aid and CPR course) within the past 24 months and be able to prove that you have completed at least 40 dives (60 before being able to complete the Divemaster Course with experience of deep dives, night dives and underwater navigation)
- Possess own basic scuba equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, BCD, regulator, wetsuit) including dive computer, compass, SMB, knife and at least one audible emergency surface signaling device (whistle, air horn etc)
- Recommended you have PADI Deep and PADI Search & Recovery specialty certifications
- Complete knowledge development segments including knowledge reviews in the PADI Divemaster manual or through the PADI Divemaster online portal and pass the Divemaster final exam
- Create an emergency assistance plan. You will have to be able to provide information to someone who would need to manage a diving accident at an assigned site. The plan may include information such as local emergency medical contact information, contact information for local authorities involved in evacuating an injured diver, contact for area diver emergency service (if present in the area), nearest operational recompression chamber (for areas not served by DAN or DES or a similar service), communication requirements and any other information that would apply to the particular area
- Complete pool sessions, assisting students
- Complete weekends away, assisting students or guiding leisure divers
- Complete water skills exercise
- Complete diver rescue assessment
- Complete dive skills workshop and assessment
- Complete practical application skills
- Meet professionalism criteria
- Complete Divermaster conducted programs
You will have to demonstrate the skills taught during the PADI Open Water Diver Course slowly and clearly in a way that is adequate for someone to learn from. The same way an instructor does.
You have to score more than 15 points from an available 30 points during the below exercises:-
- 400 metres swim
- 800 metres snorkel swim
- 100 metres tired diver tow
- Tread water for 15 minutes
- Underwater equipment exchange
What is included in the program?
- All PADI training material
- Tanks and weights as needed
- Theory and exam session with instructor
- At least 2 pool sessions with student divers
- At least 2 pool sessions for water skills
- At least 3 weekends of diving either with students or leisure divers
- Maximum 4 weekends to complete course. (If additional training needed, weekend trips will be charged at a discounted rate.
What can I do after I complete the course?
- Use your skills and continue diving as a GS-Diving Divemaster
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review Diver Course (refresher courses with divers)
- Conduct PADI Skin Diver Courses
- Assist an Instructor with PADI Discover Scuba Diver Courses or PADI Open Water Diver Courses
- You will be a PADI Pro member and will receive a PADI monthly magazine. An annual professional fee is payable, which will also cover your professional indemenity insurance requirements too.