For those sports enthusiasts who want to take up SCUBA diving as a hobby, it is not as hard or expensive as you think.
Your “Open Water Certificate” is your first step to enjoying the underwater world with GS-DIVING
GS-DIVING conducts in the water classes with no more than 6 students per instructor
The Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) is the world’s largest recreational diving membership and diver training organization founded in 1966.
SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver Course (10 – 14 years)
SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course (15 years +)
Scuba Diving International (SDI) was created in 1999 and grew out of the success of their sister company TDI, which specializes in the more advanced disciplines of technical dive training.
What is required?
- 10 years of age
- Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit and comfortable in the water
- Able to swim 200 meters non-stop
- Able to tread water or float for 10 minutes
- You will have to fill in and sign the student profile, liability releases and medical statement (or Parent/Guardian may need to sign, if applicable)
- When in doubt about your health, a dive doctor’s opinion should be sought, click here for details on a Singapore Dive Doctor
STEP 1 – Choose your agency PADI or SDI
Step 2 – Theory
- PADI paper-based manuals require self study and completion of all 5 knowledge reviews AND attendance at a PADI classroom theory session(s) and completion of exam (day or evening sessions available) – OR
- SDI e-learning (online self study and exams)
STEP 3 – Pool Session(s) (day or evening sessions available) – conducted at :
- Mana Mana Beach Resort on the East Coast – OR
- Outram Secondary School
STEP 4 – Open Water Dives (in the ocean) – options :
- November to February – Pulau Hantu, local island off Singapore – morning/afternoon either Saturday and/or Sunday
- April to October – Live Onboard Boats departing from Singapore – various destinations departing Friday evening and returning Sunday evening -
- All Year Round – Overseas Dive Resort – you can also complete Steps 1 to 3 in Singapore and complete Step 4 (open water dives in the ocean) during your next overseas holiday. This is known as a “referral”